.gov.uk Domain Names
With recent changes to the new registry for .GOV.UK domain names we have had an increased number of calls from councils and their technical support people.
The information in this page should assist and if you need more please contact us.
New gov.uk domain
Toucan Internet LLP is an approved domain registrar for Government based domain names and we can provide qualifying entities the following domain names:
- central government department or agency – unless you qualify for an exemption
- non-departmental body – also known as an arm’s length body
- fire service
- county, borough, metropolitan or district council
- parish, town or community council
- neighbourhood or village council
- combined or unitary authority
- police and crime commissioner
- joint authority
- joint committee
- partnership body
Migrating existing .gov domains to a new approved registrar
With recent changes to the new registry for .GOV.UK domain names we have had an increased number of calls from councils and their technical support people. They need a new registrar to handle their domain and some also need Nameserver and DNS services, all within Toucan Internet’s Scope of supply.
Toucan Internet is an approved .gov.uk domain registrar.
If you need such support please get in touch and we will be please to guide you accordingly.
For those of you who do want to migrate to us as a new domain registrar this PDF should answer all the key questions and include the details required to effect a smooth transfer.
Contact us now with regards to your .gov.uk domain name.